Monday, October 8, 2012

  It's been a while since I have posted anything one here. I really honestly do not have a whole lot to say tonight. I wish I did, I keep waiting for some inspiring word of wisdom to come to me; but I think the tank is empty tonight. 
  I will say this though, the past two years God has really been dealing with my heart. There are somethings that I thought I had let go of but I hadn't. People have said things to me out of ignorance, assuming I was something that I wasn't. We tend to put people on a pedestal thinking they will live up to our expectations and when they don't they are labeled as a horrible person: a liar, or deceiving or even downright manipulative. Have you ever thought that maybe they are human and just as flawed as the rest of us? Rather they are a pastor, a missionary, or even some parental figure we all have our issues and maybe we need to get out of the pity party pool, and get over it, and move on. Easier said than done. YES, I am still working on this problem myself. I have a feeling that as long as I am living and breathing I will always be working on forgiveness. It's a simple matter of being human.  Remember though, we are expected to show the same grace that God shows us on a daily basis. Which far more exceeds any feeling of resentment that we may have as people toward people. I want to stop going for what is comfortable and start living for the extraordinary. 
  God wants us to be content with what He has given us, but instead of thanking him for what we have, we complain about what we don't have. Being his children we are entitled to royalty, but we have to choose to be entitled and to be obedient. Why would a Father hand down and inheritance to a disobedient and irresponsible child? If we are not going to use it wisely how would we benefit from it? God wants us to be happy and to be beneficial with what he has given us. 
  One more thing. God's promises for us DO NOT change WE change. He will always be the same today as he was yesterday and as he was 2000 years ago. If God can promise a prostitute a husband and her run off and be bought back by her husband, or even giving Abraham and Sarah a child after they were disobedient; Abraham having a child with his servant. Then God is definitely going to keep His promises to us. He just calls us to be Obedient to Him and to submit to Him. He loves us sincerely and wants way more for us as His children than we allow for ourselves. Enough ranting.

Sincerely,

Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment